This sweet, salty and tangy twist on the old standby vegetable combo is sure to please the whole family.
- 3 tablespoons miso, preferably white (see Ingredient note)
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups frozen peas (8 ounces)
- Ingredient Note: Miso: Fermented bean paste made from barley, rice or soybeans used in Japanese cooking to add flavor to dishes, such as soups, sauces and salad dressings. Miso is available in different colors; in general, the lighter the color, the more mild the flavor. Look for miso alongside the refrigerated tofu in the supermarket. It will keep, in the refrigerator, for more than a year.
Combine the miso, mirin, vinegar, ginger and oil in a small bowl. Place the carrots and water in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in the miso mixture and peas; cook, stirring occasionally, until the peas are heated through and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
120 calories; 2g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 397mg sodium; 20g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 4g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .