Montfair’s Quick Organic Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- For the Streusel Mixture:
- 2 tablespoons organic flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups organic flour (1/2 cup whole wheat, the rest unbleached flour)
- 1 cup turbinado organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic yogurt or sour cream
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lime or lemon juice
- Cooking spray or butter for coating
- 1/2 cup organic walnuts, chopped
- Sliced local apples or any in season fruit
FOR THE STREUSEL:
Blend the streusel ingredients up to the nutmeg until crumbled.
FOR THE CAKE:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Have all ingredients at room temperature. Sift before measuring the flour.
Sift together the flour, turbinado sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
In a bowl, beat together in the yogurt or sour cream, eggs, vanilla and lime or lemon juice. Add the sifted ingredients, and beat until smooth. Spread in a 9 x 9-inch lightly greased pan. Sprinkle with streusel, 1/2 cup chopped nuts and apple slices drizzled a bit of lime juice. Gently run a knife through the streusel and batter.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes until a knife inserted into the center and comes out clean.
Recipe reprinted by permission of <I>Montfair Resort Farm, VA<. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .