- Special Pricing
Mushroom and Corn Stuffed Piquillo Rellenos
4 to 6 servings
- For the Stuffing:
- 1/2 cup sauteed diced portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sauteed diced button mushrooms
- 2 cups sauteed fresh corn
- 1/3 cup sauteed diced poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup sauteed thin sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup grated manchego cheese
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
- 1/4 cup reduced heavy cream
- Kosher salt and ground pepper, to taste
- For the Vegetable Mix:
- 3/4 cup roasted cubed calabaza squash
- 3/4 cup roasted cubed red peppers
- 3/4 cup roasted cubed chayote
- 3/4 cup roasted fresh corn kernels
- For the Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (8-12) piquillo peppers
- For the Peppers:
- 8-12 whole piquillo peppers
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, for garnish
FOR THE STUFFING:
Combine all stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper; set aside.
FOR THE VEGETABLE MIX:
Season the roasted vegetables with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper; set aside.
FOR THE SAUCE:
In a food processor, puree the tomato sauce and peppers; set aside.
FOR THE PEPPERS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make slits in 2 piquillo peppers; fill with the stuffing mixture. Heat in the oven for 5 minutes, along with 1/4 to 1/6 of the vegetables. Place the vegetables in a 2 1/2-inch ring mold in the center of a plate; remove the ring mold. Top the vegetables with 2 stuffed peppers. Spoon tomato sauce around the vegetables. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
Tip: <i>Piquillo peppers are roasted over wood, then peeled and jarred or canned in Spain. They are available in specialty markets. Manchego is available in specialty cheese markets. The calabaza and chayote are available in specialty Latin produce markets and if unavailable, can be replaced by pumpkin and a firm squash.</i>
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .