- Special Pricing
Mushroom, Endive & Green Bean Salad with Truffle Oil Vinaigrette
- Active Time 25m
- Total Time 25m
Slender haricots verts are best for this salad. If you can only find regular green beans, slice them thinly. The truffle oil really makes this salad special. Walnut oil or a good olive oil would make a fine substitution.
- For the Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons truffle oil
- For the Salad:
- 1 pound. green beans (preferably haricots verts), trimmed, blanched until tender but not soft, and refreshed in ice water
- 1 pound cremini or button mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 head Belgian endive, trimmed, outer leaves separated and reserved, inner leaves sliced crosswise
FOR THE DRESSING: In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the truffle oil to make a creamy, emulsified dressing; set aside.
FOR THE SALAD: In a large bowl, toss the blanched beans, mushrooms, shallot and sliced endive with the vinaigrette. To serve, line a platter with the endive leaves and mound the salad over them.
Recipe reprinted by permission of <I>Fine Cooking<. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
257 calories; 22g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 547mg sodium; 16g carbohydrates; 6g fiber; 5g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .