- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 7 1/2 cups) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (19 ounces) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
In large saucepan, heat oil until hot; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add white and shiitake mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes, beans, olives and 1/2 cup water. Simmer uncovered, to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
Serve with tortillas; garnished with shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes and shredded cheddar, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .