- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 7 1/2 cups) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces (about 2 1/2 cups) fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (19 ounces) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
In large saucepan, heat oil until hot; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin; cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add white and shiitake mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add stewed tomatoes, beans, olives and 1/2 cup water. Simmer uncovered, to blend flavors, about 10 minutes.
Serve with tortillas; garnished with shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes and shredded cheddar, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close