- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 15m
To the Grown-ups: If this were a science experiment, you would be exploring how heat and water transform dry oatmeal. It is also interesting to watch how the sugar melts on top of the hot cereal. But the best thing about this recipe is that it tastes delicious.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 shakes salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- A pinch (shake) of cinnamon
- A small handful of raisins
- A small handful of toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- Milk (optional)
- Tools: 1 cup measure, salt shaker, 1/2 cup measure, cinnamon shaker, skillet (preferably electric), long-handled spoon, timer, teaspoon, bowls and spoons for eating!
We asked the kids at the preschool why they thought Goldilocks ate that porridge all up. We told them that we had the actual recipe, straight from Baby Bear, then we all got busy and found out for ourselves why Goldilocks licked that bowl clean!
Cooking Hints and Safety Tips:
- Your young cook will be stirring the oatmeal over the heat. Be sure to use a long-handled wooden spoon. Stay beside the pan during the entire cooking process. Remind younger children not to touch the pan and to stir slowly.
- Let the oatmeal cool down before your child eats it All Up.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Ten Speed Press. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
181 calories; 5g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 50mg sodium; 31g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 6g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close