Pancetta, peas and fresh herbs flavor delicate orecchiette pasta.
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces thickly sliced pancetta, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino-Romano cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Melt the butter in a large, deep skillet. Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the peas and toss to coat. Add the pasta along with the reserved pasta water and the cheese. Season generously with pepper and cook over moderately high heat until the sauce is thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chives, parsley and mint and serve right away.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close