Papaya and Shrimp Salad
- Active Time 25m
- Total Time 40m
Makes 4 servings
- For Salad:
- 3/4 pound shrimp
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, split lengthwise and sliced into half circles
- 1 small bunch radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, thoroughly washed, stems removed
- and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted at 350 degrees F until golden, about 15 minutes
- For Dressing:
- Juice of 2 limes, strained
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (coriander) or Chinese parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Shell and devein the shrimp. Cook in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes until they turn slightly pink and lose their translucent look. Refresh in ice water, pat dry and refrigerate.
Peel and seed the papaya. Cut it into 1/2-inch cubes.
Seed the bell pepper, remove the ribs and cut the pepper into 1/2-inch cubes.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk.
Place all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour the dressing over them. Toss to combine.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
326 calories; 20g total fat; 129mg cholesterol; 232mg sodium; 18g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 22g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .