- Active Time 25m
- Total Time 25m
Choose the freshest vegetables to highlight in this delicious springtime pasta.
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup or more chicken broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup purchased basil pesto
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water until soft, drained
- 8 ounces dried linguine (or 9 ounces fresh)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups assorted raw vegetables cut in bite size pieces (such as broccoli, peas, carrots, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, fresh sweet corn kernels, green beans)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups bite-size pieces skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Heat cream and 3/4 cup broth in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Whisk in cheese, pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. Keep sauce warm. If necessary, thin sauce with more chicken broth to coat pasta and vegetables evenly.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Drain. Return pasta to pot. Add butter and toss to coat.
Meanwhile, steam vegetables until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and saute until chicken is just heated through, about 2 minutes.
Add vegetables, chicken and sauce to pasta in pot. Toss gently to combine. Spoon pasta onto plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil. Serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
579 calories; 41g total fat; 98mg cholesterol; 626mg sodium; 38g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 18g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close