- Special Pricing
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 36 to 40 cookies
This is my favorite variation of the old Barefoot Contessa chocolate chunk cookie recipe. It has the combination of flavors in a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Yum!
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup good smooth peanut butter
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound good semisweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and peanut butter, and mix. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the batter, mixing only until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
3. Drop the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, using either a 1-3/4-inch ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon. Dampen your hands, flatten the dough lightly, then press the tines of a wet fork in both directions. Bake for exactly 17 minutes (the cookies will seem underdone). Do not overbake. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Clarkson Potter 2001. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .