- Special Pricing
If you can't find a bagged vegetable medley for this easy noodle bowl, choose 12 ounces of cut vegetables from your market's salad bar and create your own mix.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, stir in 2 tablespoons warm water per portion; serve cold or reheat in microwave.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce, or to taste (see Ingredient Note)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- One 12-ounce bag fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas
- Ingredient Note: Chili-garlic sauce (or chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chilies, garlic and vinegar and is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian soups, sauces and stir-fries. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking the pasta.
Meanwhile, place the chicken in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred into bite-size strips.
Whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chili-garlic sauce and ginger in a large bowl.
Cook the pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 minute less than specified in the package directions. Add the vegetables and cook until the pasta and vegetables are just tender, 1 minute more. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Rinse the pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh. Stir the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
363 calories; 12g total fat; 2g total saturated fat; 44mg cholesterol; 348mg sodium; 36g carbohydrates; 7g fiber; 29g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .