Down Home with the Neelys has inventive recipes like these irresistible crostini.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp white cheddar
- 2 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp orange cheddar
- One 7-ounce jar pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- 40 slices baguette, toasted
- 4 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
In a mixer fitted with the paddle, combine the white and orange cheddars. Add the chopped pimentos, mayonnaise, black pepper and garlic powder; blend at low speed. Season the pimento cheese with cayenne pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 400° Spread the pimento cheese on the toasts, top with the bacon and bake until the cheese is melted and browned, about 2 minutes. Serve.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close