- 1/2 cup plum preserves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper or green pepper, julienned
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frounceen snow peas
- Hot cooked rice
In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
In a skillet or wok, stir-fry yellow pepper and ginger in oil for 2 minutes. Add the pears; stir-fry for 1 minute or until pepper is crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
Stir-fry half of the pork at a time for 1-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Return the pear mixture and all of the pork to pan. Add water chestnuts and reserved sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the peas and heat through. Sprinkle with almonds.
Special Offer: Take advantage of a special offer for Cooking.com guests and subscribe today to Taste of Home magazine! Click for details.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Reiman Publications, LLC. &copy; 2002. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is*
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .