- For the Pork Chops:
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- For the Mango Relish:
- 1 large mango or 2 small peaches, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 11 ingredients. Add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Meanwhile, combine the relish ingredients in a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour; refrigerate until serving.
Drain and discard marinade. If using the grill, coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Serve with mango relish.
Special Offer: Take advantage of a special offer for Cooking.com guests and subscribe today to Taste of Home magazine! Click for details.
Tip: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Reiman Publications, LLC. &copy; 2002. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close