- 4 center-cut pork chops, about 1 1/4 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions (from a 16-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers (from a 7-ounce jar)
- 2 ounces sliced proscuitto, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, dividing evenly.
In a large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add pork chops; cook until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 7 minutes, turning once. Remove to a serving plate; cover with foil; set aside.
To skillet, add mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are just golden, about 3 minutes. Add onions, bell peppers, proscuitto, wine, garlic, sage, black pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over reserved pork chops.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close