Quick and Lean Chicken Mushroom Stroganoff
- Active Time 25m
- Total Time 25m
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 12 ounces (about 3 3/4 cups) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and cooked through, turning once, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken; cover to keep warm.
In same skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon of oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in sour cream, chicken broth, dill, salt and black pepper. Add reserved chicken; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Serve over rice, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close