- For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon drained tiny capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried bell pepper
- For the Mayonnaise:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 3 pounds rare roast beef, sliced (allow 2 large slices per person)
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head radicchio, washed and torn
- 1 bunch lamb's lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 jar artichoke hearts, halved
- 1/3 cup tiny cornichons (tiny gherkins or dill pickles)
FOR THE DRESSING:
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Whisk together until well blended.
FOR THE MAYONNAISE:
Combine all the mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well blended.
Divide the remaining ingredients among 6 serving plates. Spoon the dressing over and place a tablespoon of mayonnaise in the center of each salad.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Weldon Russell. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
828 calories; 53g total fat; 246mg cholesterol; 883mg sodium; 15g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 73g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close