Rice Cooker Risotto with Caramelized Onions
- Active Time 5m
- Total Time 2h 5m
4 to 6 first course or side dish servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 cup onion cooking liquid
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped, pitted, oil cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, commercial or homemade
- 2 large caramelized onions
- Parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Companion recipe: Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
Place everything except the parsley, cheese, salt and pepper in the rice cooker. Cook until the rice is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid. Stir in the parsley and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of William Morrow. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close