- Special Pricing
Rice Cooker Risotto with Caramelized Onions
- Active Time 5m
- Total Time 2h 5m
4 to 6 first course or side dish servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 cup onion cooking liquid
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped, pitted, oil cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, commercial or homemade
- 2 large caramelized onions
- Parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Companion recipe: Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions
Place everything except the parsley, cheese, salt and pepper in the rice cooker. Cook until the rice is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid. Stir in the parsley and cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of William Morrow. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .