- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large (12 ounces) zucchini sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 large (12 ounces) yellow squash, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch round pieces
- 8 to 10 ounces mushrooms, trimmed, wiped clean and sliced vertically in half, or quarters, if large
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 pound dry rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
TO MARINATE THE VEGETABLES:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, oregano and garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Toss the vegetables in this mixture and marinate at room temperature for at least an hour.
TO GRILL THE VEGETABLES:
Prepare your grill as you ordinarily would and grill the vegetables, in batches until tender. Or, preheat your broiler and broil the vegetables, turning them once, until browned on both sides. (You can also set your oven to 500 degrees F and roast the vegetables for 30 minutes.) If you think the pieces are too large for pasta, cool the vegetables for 10 minutes and chop them into manageable pieces.
Bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to a boil. Add the rigatoni and cook for about 12 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, toss with the vegetables, basil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
712 calories; 24g total fat; 20mg cholesterol; 480mg sodium; 99g carbohydrates; 9g fiber; 30g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .