- 1/3 cup commercial salsa
- 6 ounces yams, peeled and sliced into 4-inch strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 yellow or green bell pepper, stemmed and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced into large sections, separate the large sections into individual pieces
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Mission Life Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup drained black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked instant brown rice
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, such as mouncezarella or Monterey Jack
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Place the salsa in a strainer and let drain. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss yams, peppers, onion, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil until well coated. Place on cookie sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are soft and golden, stirring once to avoid burning.
Assemble wraps: Place a tortilla on a clean, dry surface. Spread 1/4 of the vegetable mixture, black beans, rice and cheese in the middle. Top with 1/4 of the cilantro leaves and a tablespoon of the salsa, then, tightly roll tortilla into a burrito and wrap in plastic wrap to compact and allow it to form a roll. Repeat this step for remaining three wraps. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe reprinted by permission of 174;. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .