Salmon with a Pineapple, Mango, and Strawberry Salsa
The mixed fruit salsa here is light and refreshing-- the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish in the summertime. Try to buy wild-caught salmon and, if possible, get the West Coast variety.
- For the Pineapple, Mango and Strawberry Salsa:
- 3/4 cup diced pineapple (small dice)
- 3/4 cup diced mango (small dice)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries (small dice)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion (small dice)
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Salmon:
- 4 pieces (6 ounces each) of salmon fillet, skin on
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Pineapple, Mango and Strawberry Salsa:
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium nonreactive bowl, and stir to blend. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and set it aside until the flavors have married, usually 20 to 30 minutes. About 2 cups.
For the Salmon:
Preheat a grill to medium.
Brush both sides of the salmon with the olive oil, and season with the Original Essence, salt and pepper. Place the fish on the grill, skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes. Then rotate the fish 45 degrees and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn the fish over, and cook for 2 minutes, or until cooked to the desired degree of doneness. Transfer the fish to a platter or individual plates, spoon the fruit salsa over it, and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Harper 2009. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close