Saucy Pizza Balls
Bloggers Adam and Joanne Gallagher from Inspired Taste make mini "stuffed pizzas" using Pillsbury® biscuits.
- 3 cans (10 ct each) Pillsbury® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 30 fresh basil leaves
- 1 block (8 ounce) Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend, cut into 30 pieces
- 60 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- For the Garlic Butter:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tsps Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste, if desired
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Separate each can of dough into 10 biscuits; flatten each biscuit into thin round. Spread 1/2 teaspoon pizza sauce on center of each round. Top each with 1 basil leaf. Sandwich 1 cheese piece between 2 pepperoni slices; place on top of basil. Fold edges up and over filling; pinch to seal. Place biscuits, seam sides down, in baking dish.
In small bowl, beat egg and water. Lightly brush tops of biscuits with egg mixture. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
In small bowl, mix garlic butter ingredients. Brush over biscuits; serve warm.
- Try adding sliced ripe olives or diced green pepper for even more pizza flavor.
- You can use regular pepperoni instead of turkey pepperoni.
- Warm up some extra pizza sauce to serve with the biscuits, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Pillsbury&reg;. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close