Sautéed Swordfish with Cherry Salsa
- For the Salsa:
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeno or other hot chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Swordfish:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Crisco vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh swordfish, cut into 6 portions about 1 inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon slices for garnish (optional)
For the Salsa: Combine salsa ingredients in food processor; blend for one to two minutes, or until salsa is slightly chunky.
For the Swordfish: Heat oil in heavy cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly season swordfish with salt and pepper; place in skillet.
Cook on one side for five to seven minutes; turn and cook eight minutes longer, or until done. Swordfish is done when slightly firm to the touch.
Place swordfish on serving plates, topping each slice with a few tablespoons of salsa.
Garnish with fresh lemon slices, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Smucker's. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close