- Special Pricing
- For the Tenderloins:
- 2 10-ounce turkey tenderloins
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the Spicy Papaya Salsa:
- 1 medium papaya, seeded and diced
- 1 medium nectarine, pitted and diced
- 1 starfruit (carambola), diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Mango-Ginger Salsa:
- 1 medium mango, peeled, seed removed & diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 teaspoons gingerroot, peeled and freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
FOR THE TENDERLOINS:
Butterfly tenderloin by using a sharp knife and cut horizontally from the side, almost in half. Open, like a book and flatten tenderloin slightly by hand. with a clean paper towel, pat dry.
In a shallow dish, combine flour, cornmeal, cumin, salt and cayenne. Dip butterflied tenderloins into mixture, coating both sides well.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté coated tenderloins in oil for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until outside is golden brown, inside is no longer pink and the internal temperature is 170 degrees F.
Remove tenderloins and place on cutting board. Thinly slice across the grain. Serve with fruit salsas.
FOR THE SPICY PAPAYA SALSA:
In a medium bowl, combine papaya, nectarine, star fruit, green onions, yellow bell pepper cilantro, lime and orange juices, jalapeno and salt. Cover and allow to stand at room temperature for one hour.
FOR THE MANGO-GINGER SALSA:
In a medium bowl, combine mango, tomato, red bell pepper, onion, mint, ginger and salt. Cover and let stand at room temperature for about one hour.
NOTE: Salsas can be prepared several hours in advance and refrigerated, but should be served at room temperature
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .