- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced green or sweet red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 package (8 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded colby cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
Remove shrimp tails if desired. Place shrimp in a bowl; sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup oil, onion, vinegar, green pepper, garlic, coriander and sugar; set aside.
In a skillet, stir-fry tortilla strips in remaining oil; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. In the same skillet, sauté shrimp for 8 to 10 minutes or until pink.
In a large bowl, combine the greens, tomato, beans, shrimp and tortilla strips. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese; toss.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Reiman Publications, LLC. &copy; 2002. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close