Soothing Tofu Lettuce Wraps
This tasty recipe allows you to go gourmet without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Wild Oats Organic Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Chinese hot mustard
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Asian-style garlic chili paste
- 1 head organic iceberg or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1/2 organic red pepper, seeded and diced
- One can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained, rinsed and diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- One package (16 ounces) Wild Oats Extra Firm Organic Tofu, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or brandy
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
To make the sauce, mix together the first 8 ingredients; set aside.
Wash lettuce, dry, and separate the leaves; set aside.
Heat sesame oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high. Add garlic, ginger and green onions. Cook until soft; about 2 minutes.
Add red peppers, water chestnuts and mushrooms. Cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in tofu, soy, oyster sauce, sherry and sugar. Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 minute, until thickened.
Lay out a lettuce leaf and spoon a heaping spoonful of the tofu into the middle. Drizzle with sauce, fold and eat “taco style”.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Wild Oats Natural Marketplace. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close