Our take on this classic party dip is made with lower-fat sour cream, plenty of fiber-rich beans and vegetables—and it's still just as delicious. Scoop it up with tortilla chips.
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. To serve, continue with Steps 2 & 3.
- One 16-ounce can fat-free refried beans, preferably spicy
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned sliced black olives (optional)
Combine the refried beans, black beans, scallions, salsa, cumin, chili powder and jalapenos in a medium bowl. Transfer to a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe dish; sprinkle with cheese.
Microwave on high until the cheese is melted and the beans are hot, 3-5 minutes.
Spread the sour cream evenly over the hot bean mixture, then scatter with lettuce, tomato, avocado and olives (if using).
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
146 calories; 7g total fat; 3g total saturated fat; 12mg cholesterol; 288mg sodium; 15g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 7g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.