Melissa Rubel Jacobson uses a store-bought rotisserie bird in her reinvented chicken salad. She spikes the mayonnaise with chili sauce and toasted sesame oil and adds water chestnuts for crunch.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or Chinese chili-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 2-pound rotisserie chicken skin and bones discarded, meat pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions white and green parts thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 Bibb or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and cut into 12 slices
- Lime wedges, for serving
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the sambal oelek, mustard and sesame oil. Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts and scallions and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the chicken salad into the lettuce cups and top with a slice of avocado. Serve with lime wedges.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .