Spicy Baked Beans
Yields 8 servings
Here's a spicy version of an American classic for your next picnic.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Crosse & Blackwell Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 slices bacon (about 8 ounces)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine sugar, ketchup, mustard, molasses, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper in small bowl.
Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons bacon fat. Cook onion and celery in reserved bacon fat for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Crumble bacon in 2-quart casserole; stir in pork and beans, onion mixture and sauce mixture.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Recipe reprinted by permission of bestdressedmeals.com. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close