- Special Pricing
Spicy Hoisin Chicken and Cashew Stir-Fry
A simple stir-fry of chicken thigh meat (breast meat may be substituted), red peppers, broccoli and cashews. For a fast, healthful and complete meal, serve this over fast-cooking brown rice or white rice.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup dry roasted cashew halves
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, about 3/4-inch pieces
Combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon of the sherry, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch in a bowl. Combine the remaining sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch, chicken broth, hoisin sauce and chili-garlic sauce in a separate bowl.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet; add the onion and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the red bell pepper and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli florets and stir-fry 1 minute. Add the reserved chicken mixture and cashews and stir-fry 1 minute. Stir the chicken broth mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the green onions and remove from the heat.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Meyer Corporation, U.S.. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .