- 4 to 6 medium or large portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- One 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup prepared chunky tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) fontina cheese, shredded
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove stems from mushrooms.
Lightly brush both sides of mushrooms with oil; arrange on a baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine spinach and tomato sauce. In another bowl, combine green onions, sun-dried tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Remove mushroom caps from the oven; place gill-side up on baking pan. Spoon spinach mixture into mushrooms, dividing evenly. Top each with an equal amount of the sun-dried tomato mixture and sprinkle with fontina cheese.
Return to oven until heated through and cheese begins to melt, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve with additional tomato sauce, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .