Reader Jennifer Sanders contributed this salad, which offers a wealth of color and texture, as well as antioxidants.
- For Dressing:
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil, almond oil or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- For Salad:
- 10 cups baby spinach leaves (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 8 to 12 small red radishes (1 bunch), sliced
- 1 small ripe mango, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
To prepare the dressing: Whisk the juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
To prepare the salad: Just before serving, combine the spinach, radicchio, radishes and mango in a large bowl. Add the dressing; toss to coat. Garnish each serving with avocado slices.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
210 calories; 14g total fat; 2g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 258mg sodium; 10g carbohydrates; 6g fiber; 3g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.