- Special Pricing
This stuffed pizza is filled with crumbled tofu, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, cheese and fresh basil. It’s easy to make stuffed pizza at home. Just roll the crust thin, spread filling over half and fold closed. To use fresh spinach, cook 10 ounces until just wilted; finely chop and squeeze dry. Serve with: Marinara sauce for dipping and mixed green salad.
- Cooking spray, preferably canola or olive oil
- One 14-ounce package firm water-packed tofu, drained
- One 10-ounce package frounceen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped soft or reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mouncezerella
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- Tip: : For this recipe, look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil). If you can only find tomatoes that are very dry (and hard), soak in boiling water for about 20 minutes, drain, chop and then add to the pizza filling.
Position a rack inthe lower third of oven; preheat to 475 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
Finely crumble the tofu; pat dry. Place in a large bowl and use your hands to combine with the spinach, tomatoes, Parmesan, mozzerella, basil, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about the length of the prepared baking sheet and twice as wide (approximately 16 by 18 inches). Transfer the dough to the baking sheet, allowing the extra width to hang over on one side onto a clean surface. Spread the filling on the dough in the pan, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold the overhanging dough over the filling. Fold the edges closed and crimp with a fork to seal. Make several small slits in the top to vent steam; lightly coat the top with cooking spray.
Bake the stuffed pizza until well browned on top, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
291 calories; 7g total fat; 3g total saturated fat; 10mg cholesterol; 607mg sodium; 36g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 18g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .