Spring Green Salad
- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 15m
Makes 4 servings
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, preferably Italian
- 4 to 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1/8 teaspoon dried (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the Greens:
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, washed, dried and gently torn into 2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup washed and dried watercress leaves
- 1 cup washed and dried arugula leaves
- 1 cup torn, washed and dried escarole leaves
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
Place all the ingredients in a jar or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Close the top and shake vigorously until the dressing looks creamy. Set aside until ready to use. If the dressing separates, just shake vigorously before using.
FOR THE SALAD:
Place all the cleaned greens in a bowl. Remove the garlic clove from the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
144 calories; 14g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 250mg sodium; 3g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 2g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close