With tofu, vegetables and almonds, this delicious recipe is heart healthy, too! Choose from soft, firm or extra firm tofu varieties. We recommend Wild Oats Firm Organic Tofu for this recipe. Enjoy!
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 pound Wild Oats Firm or Extra Firm Organic Tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
Mix together 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and peanut butter. Add tofu and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet. Brown tofu on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, and stir-fry pepper, scallions, celery, and water chestnuts for 3 to 5 minutes.
Mix together remaining 2 tablespoon soy sauce, water, and arrowroot or cornstarch. Pour mixture over vegetables in the skillet. Stir and simmer until thickened. Add browned tofu and roasted almonds. Mix well and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Wild Oats Natural Marketplace. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .