Sue's Summer Quiche
- 1 loaf (day-old) French bread, cut in 1-inch slices
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sliced zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 ounces shredded colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the sliced French bread in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Spread the veggies and cheese evenly over the bread. Whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings and pour over the top.
Bake 1 hour or until lightly browned. Can be refrigerated overnight and baked in the morning.
Recipe reprinted by permission of <I>Sherwood Forest B&B, MI<. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close