Summer Harvest Steak Salad
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 bag field greens (10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vineagar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Rub both sides of the beef with the salt and pepper. Grill over medium ash-covered coals 14 to 15 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness.
Meanwhile, place the field greens in a large bowl. Sprinkle in the blueberries, feta cheese, sunflower kernels, tomatoes and crumbled bacon. Toss carefully.
Prepare the dressing by whisking together the white wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper, until combined. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until the oil is absorbed.
Carve the steak against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place the steak slices on top of the salad greens; drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of txbeef.org. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close