- Special Pricing
Summer Vegetable and Chicken Hash
Vegetables seldom make an appearance at breakfast time. But sweet tomatoes and fresh corn transform a standard brunch dish into a nutritional powerhouse. There's no need to peel the potatoes. Keeping the skins on is easier and more beneficial: They're loaded with vitamin B6, potassium and iron.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (8 ounces), cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces small red potatoes, boiled, halved or quartered
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 jalapeño chili, stem, ribs and seeds removed, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup yellow or red cherry tomatoes (4 ounces), halved
- 1/2 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram (roughly chopped if large)
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 2 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
Add 2 teaspoons oil and the potatoes to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 4 minutes; transfer to a small bowl.
Add the remaining teaspoon oil, the corn, 2 tablespoons scallion and the jalapeño to the skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn turns dark brown in spots, about 2 minutes (some kernels may pop). Add the tomatoes, and cook until skins just begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add the stock, salt, pepper and reserved chicken; bring to a boil. Fold in the reserved potatoes, and sprinkle with marjoram and the remaining 2 tablespoons scallion.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Martha Stewart Living. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .