Super Turkey Chili
Add slow simmered sizzle to your dinner table. Garnish with cashews, cilantro and plain yogurt. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 medium onions, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds natural ground turkey breast
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) of Wild Oats diced, natural tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) Wild Oats natural tomato paste
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Wild Oats organic dark red kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain low fat yogurt
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add oil, onions, zucchini and garlic, sauté for 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add ground turkey, cook and stir until browned. Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and salt.
If chili is too thick, add water or broth to achieve desired consistency. Simmer for at least 20 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro and yogurt. Serve piping hot.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Wild Oats Natural Marketplace. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close