- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger or 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/3 cup to a small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Special Offer: Take advantage of a special offer for Cooking.com guests and subscribe today to Taste of Home magazine! Click for details.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Reiman Publications, LLC. &copy; 2002. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close