- Special Pricing
Thai Grilled Chicken & Broccoli on Napa Cabbage
- Active Time 30m
- Total Time 1h 30m
Fish sauce (nam pla) and hot chile sauce are available in Asian markets and many large supermarkets.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemongrass or 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Thai hot chile sauce or chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenders, tendons removed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 6 thick scallions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 cups shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- Tip: Fish sauce (nam pla) and hot chile sauce are available in Asian markets and many large supermarkets.
Whisk together broth, lemon juice, fish sauce, lemongrass or lemon zest, chile sauce or paste, honey, ginger, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil in a small bowl. Pour about half of this marinade into a shallow dish just large enough to hold chicken. Add the chicken, stirring to coat. Whisk the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil into the remaining marinade and season with salt to use as salad dressing. Cover the chicken and the dressing and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring the chicken once or twice.
Prepare a medium-hot barbecue fire or preheat a gas grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Add broccoli and scallions to the dish, turning to coat with the marinade. On 4 long or 8 short skewers, alternate the broccoli, scallions and chicken. Grill, turning once or twice, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
Toss cabbage in a bowl with all but 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing. Transfer to a serving platter and arrange the skewers on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Garnish with cucumber slices, radishes and chopped peanuts.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
221 calories; 7g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 67mg cholesterol; 405mg sodium; 14g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 30g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .