Tofu and Vegetable Stir-fry
- Active Time 20m
- Total Time 20m
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 1/2 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1-in cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 2 onions, cut into eighths
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 3 1/2 ounces snow peas, trimmed and sliced crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup drained canned baby corn
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths, or 1 bunch spinach, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Steamed white rice for serving
In wok over medium heat, warm vegetable oil. Working in batches, add tofu and stir-fry until golden on all sides, 2-3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, remove from wok and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons oil from wok and return to medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and onions, and stir-fry until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add broccoli, snow peas, bell pepper, corn, and bok choy or spinach. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes. Add tofu and oyster and soy sauces and gently stir-fry until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
Serve hot, accompanied with steamed white rice.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Periplus. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
283 calories; 20g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 414mg sodium; 21g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 7g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close