- Special Pricing
This tomatillo-based gazpacho is gorgeously green with a tart flavor that complements the sweet shrimp and salty olives. Make this meatless by substituting ricotta salata or feta for the shrimp. Serve with: Cheese quesadillas.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the gazpacho base (Step 2) and the shrimp salad (Step 3) in separate bowls for up to 1 hour.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 pound tomatillos (see Shopping Tip), husks removed, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- One 15-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cooked and peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1/4 cup green olives, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Tip: Tomatillos are tart, plum-size green fruits that look like small, husk-covered green tomatoes. Find them in the produce section near the tomatoes. Remove outer husks and rinse well before using.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Coarsely chop half the cucumber and half the avocado and place in a food processor. Add the tomatillos, bell pepper, jalapeño to taste and the garlic. Process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the broth, sugar and salt.
Dice the remaining cucumber and avocado and place in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp, olives and scallions. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; gently toss to combine.
Ladle the gazpacho into bowls and top each portion with about 3/4 cup of the shrimp salad.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
328 calories; 19g total fat; 2g total saturated fat; 174mg cholesterol; 595mg sodium; 17g carbohydrates; 7g fiber; 26g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .