Tomato Rice Salad with Avocado and Corn
- Active Time 10m
- Total Time 10m
Makes 4 servings
- 1 ripe medium tomato, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 cup cooked corn or thawed frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked rice, at room temperature
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- For Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or parsley
- 6 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
In a bowl, combine the tomato, corn and rice. In a second bowl, toss the avocado in the lemon juice, then add to the other ingredients.
TO MAKE DRESSING: In a third bowl, combine the lemon juice, salt, garlic, ginger and mint or parsley. Slowly whisk in the oil.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and rice, and toss gently.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
380 calories; 26g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 591mg sodium; 36g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 4g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close