Tortilla Pie with Chicken
- Active Time 10m
Toast the tortillas over a low flame or in a dry skillet. If you can't find tomatillos for the green salsa, make a red version instead -- it'll taste a little sweeter.
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch), toasted
- 2 cups cooked, shredded dark-meat chicken
- One 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups Green or Red Salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (6 ounces)
- < br/>Green or Red Salsa
- 8 tomatillos (for Red Salsa, substitute 6 plum tomatoes, halved)
- 1 onion, halved
- 1-2 jalapenos, halved (ribs and seeds removed, if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Coarse salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In an 8-inch square baking dish, layer 4 tortillas, 1 cup chicken, 1/4 cup chilies, 1/2 cup salsa, 1/3 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat once. Top with the remaining tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and cheese. Bake until top is browned and bubbling, 30-40 minutes.
Green or Red Salsa:
On a rimmed baking sheet, broil the tomatillos, onion, jalapenos, and garlic until lightly charred, 4 minutes. Puree in a blender until smooth. Thin with 1/2 - 3/4 cup water, and season with salt.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Martha Stewart Everyday Food. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close