Tricolor Asian Coleslaw
- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 2h 15m
This salad would be great with some grilled teriyaki chicken or steak. I slice the cabbage with the 4mm slicer attachment; and shred the carrot and jicama with the grater attachment. My own preference is to slice the bell pepper, onion and Chinese peas by hand into very thin strips. Look for the vinegar, hoisin sauce and chili garlic sauce in the Asian foods section of your supermarket. Cooking.com Tip: Present this festive coleslaw in an attractive wood salad bowl. But not just any wood bowl will do. For tossing and serving salad, the wood must be laminated or treated with a tasteless oil rub. These types of bowls do not absorb or retain food odors and flavors making them ideal for salads.
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (not sodium-reduced)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons chile garlic sauce
- 1 large garlic clove, quartered
- 4 cups (packed) thinly sliced cored Napa cabbage (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup grated peeled carrot
- 1 cup grated peeled jicama
- 2 ounces (about 20) Chinese peas or snow peas, cut lengthwise into
- very thin strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into very thin strips
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped roasted peanuts
Blend first 8 ingredients in mini-processor until smooth. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine all vegetables in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Let stand at least 2 hours or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours, tossing occasionally. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
154 calories; 10g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 288mg sodium; 17g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 2g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close