Tropical Fruit Smoothies
Makes 4 1/2 cups, enough for 4 servings
Vary the amounts of sugar and lemon juice depending on the ripeness of the fruit.
- 1 medium banana (ripe, about 4 ounces), peeled and cut crosswise into 8 pieces
- 3 1/2 cups mango, pineapple or papaya, peeled, cored or seeded, and diced (1 to 2-inch pieces, about 16 ounces)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup white cranberry juice or apple juice
- pinch table salt
- 3 to 6 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 ice cubes (about 1 1/2 ounces total)
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; arrange the banana and tropical fruit in a single layer on the baking sheet. Freeze the fruit until very cold, but not frozen, about 10 minutes. In a blender, puree the cold fruit, milk, juice, salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and ice until uniformly smooth, 10 to 15 seconds. Taste for sugar and lemon; if desired, add more sugar or lemon and blend until combined, about 2 seconds longer. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of America's Test Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close