- Active Time 10m
- Total Time 25m
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- One 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound halibut fillet, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- Two 12-ounce cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups chopped fresh clams
- 24 fresh oysters, shucked, with liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
In a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat, warm the butter until bubbling. Add the onion and celery and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the clam juice, chicken broth and potatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the halibut, shrimp, evaporated milk, clams, oysters and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the fish is opaque. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot, in soup bowls, with a pinch of the fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
450 calories; 11g total fat; 221mg cholesterol; 555mg sodium; 28g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 57g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close