- Special Pricing
Tuna, Artichoke and Noodle Casserole
Tuna and macaroni, quite possibly the most iconic and ridiculed casserole, finds its redemption here. An innovative sauce transforms tinned tuna, making the dish suave enough for company.
- 1 pound epoundow macaroni
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies packed in olive oil (about 10 fillets), drained
- 1 1/2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke hearts in water, drained (about 11 hearts)
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) water-packed chunk light tuna, drained, 2/3 cup water reserved
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for dish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8 to 10-cup souffle or casserole dish. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until barely al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
Puree the onion, anchovies, artichoke hearts and capers in a food processor until smooth. Add the Parmesan and reserved tuna water, and pulse to combine. With the machine running, slowly add 1/2 cup oil, and process until emulsified. Season with pepper. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the drained tuna, lemon zest, parsley and pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the pasta mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top, and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cover with parchment then foil, and bake until heated through, 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover, and cook until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Martha Stewart Living. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .