- Special Pricing
Turkey Mushroom Loaves
- Active Time 45m
- Total Time 1h 30m
Making everyone their own individual meatloaf turns an everyday food into an easy, special-occasion main dish—and lean ground turkey makes them lighter. We love the leftovers on sandwiches too.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely diced onion
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1/3 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (1/2 cup), ground to a powder in a spice grinder or a mini food processor
- 1/3 cup dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Tip: If you can't find whole-wheat breadcrumbs, you can make your own. Trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor until fine crumbs form. One slice makes about 1/3 cup. Spread the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees F until dry and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onion. Cook, stirring often, until softened, 2-3 minutes. Add the cremini mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they give off their moisture and it mostly evaporates, about 5 minutes. Pour into a large bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
Stir in the egg, turkey, ground porcini, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper until well combined, taking care not to overmix. Use a scant 3/4 cup to form an oval loaf about 4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide. Transfer to the prepared pan. Make 5 more loaves with the remaining mixture.
Bake the loaves until lightly browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of one registers 165 degrees F, 35-40 minutes. Slice and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
231 calories; 10g total fat; 3g total saturated fat; 100mg cholesterol; 376mg sodium; 10g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 26g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .